One of the debates about knowledge is whether it is revealed or man makes it up. Bacon claims knowledge is discovered. Whether it is revealed or discovered, knowledge would then always exist.
Bacon says what we study the most is the lens through which we see things. I totally agree with this. I would say that I study religion and I see everything from a religious viewpoint. Bacon claims that this religious viewpoint would bias me against true science. I believe that since God created everything and everything reflects God, then science is also a reflection of God. That is the deductive reasoning that some of the great philosophers used.
I am impressed with how much knowledge is gained by taking time to observe the world around us. One of the things that I agree with Bacon on is the idea that there are so many things that e have not thought of and inventions still be to be discovered that we can't even dream of, yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment