Monday, October 12, 2009

The Fourth Turning Part II

We are headed for a Crisis, if we are not already there. It is amazing that by studying historical trends, Strauss and Howe were able to predict with what would happen in the future. The book was written in 1997 and some of their predictions have come to pass.

I have been interested in the generational cycle that goes with the historical cycle. I have had a bad impression of what is called a "Nomad Generation." At first glance, the Nomad generation sounds like a bad generation to be among. However, I didn't understand that they have great strengths such as hands-on, get it done leadership and taciturn warriors. The greatest example is George Washington.

They are called "Nomads" for a couple of reasons. The first is that they are intellectual "Nomads" because they are exploring a lot of ideas. They are seekers of truth. They also get the name because they are physical "Nomads." They move a lot. This is not bad because they have brought the expansion of a country. Not everyone in this generation fits all of the description, but most of this generation do.

No comments: