Julia and I went up to Pinetop/Lakeside for the annual American Night Writers Association (ANWA) retreat. The smell of pine and the beautiful wild flowers (weeds) was in the air. I learned so much about grammar, writing a scene, and getting to know my character. The only problem is that I am working on my memoirs (OK, I really don't remember that much) and the characters that spoke to me were from Julia's Mistressland. I have this brillant idea of bringing all of those wonderful young ladies to life. It is a little spokey to think her characters are speaking in my head. It was great to be with so many wonderful and talented women. It seems that chocolate is essential to a femal writer's ability to think. I know I think better with chocolate.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
ANWA Retreat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment